Beef and Vegetable PieAs receitas lá de casa
Unlike American style meatloaf, which is typically spread with ketchup or tomato sauce as the topping, this recipe calls for topping the meat mixture with a cornmeal batter before it goes into the oven. It's a refreshing change of pace and helps to stretch the meat even further, for a more economical family dinner. For the meat layer, ground beef and mushrooms are sauteed with aromatics to lock in the flavor, so the loaf only needs to bake for about 20 minutes.
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 200 grams corn flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 70 grams grating cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 70 grams olive oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 500 grams ground beef
- fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2Grease a loaf pan with butter.
- 3For the top layer, in a bowl, mix wheat flour, corn flour, baking powder, sugar, cheese, and salt.
- 4Mix olive oil, milk, vinegar, and egg.
- 5Combine flour mixture and milk mixture.
- 6For the meat, heat olive oil in a pan and sauté garlic, onion and pepper.
- 7Add meat and cook.
- 8Add mushrooms. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- 9Place meat mixture in a round baking pan and spread out evenly.
- 10Cover with top layer mixture and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.