This recipe is a great dish to make when you have leftover roast beef in your refrigerator. With just 10 additional ingredients and 35 minutes, you are on your way to a delicious and filling meal. Sauteed bell peppers and onions are the base for this hearty meal. The toast adds a nice crunch to the tender and flavorful combination of the meat and vegetable mixture, making for a delicious lunch or dinner.
- white sandwich bread
- sunflower seeds
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely diced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (finely diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (finely diced)
- roast beef (leftover)
- crushed tomatoes
- ground black pepper
- Take a piece of sandwich bread and sprinkle sunflower seeds and parsley on top. Then flatten everything together with a roller. Bake until golden and toasty.
- In a skillet, saute together the garlic, onion, and bell peppers.
- Once these ingredients are softened, add the leftover roast beef and the tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the hot mixture over the sunflower seed toast.