- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion (large, finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 1 carrot (trimmed and finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup beef stock
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn (drained canned)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 pounds potatoes (floury, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the ground beef. Gently break apart using a wooden spoon and cook for 3-4 mins. Then add the onion, garlic, carrots and tomato paste and sauté for 2-3 mins. Season and stir in the Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the flour, followed by the stock and diced tomatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 20-25 mins, stirring occasionally. Stir in the parsley, peas and sweetcorn, then transfer to a baking dish and set aside to cool for 15 mins.
- Boil the potato slices in salted water for 4-5 mins then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange the potato slices on top of the beef and season. Pour the cream over the top of the potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 25-30 mins, until the top is golden and bubbling. Serve.
|Calories870Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat490|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.