- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups corn masa flour (white)
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg
- 8 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 10 ounces tomatoes
- 4 ounces diced green chiles (drained)
- 3/4 cup potato (diced, cooked)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups cheese (shredded Mexican melting, such as queso quesadilla or Monterey Jack)
- 2 tablespoons Crisco Pure Corn Oil
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheet with no-stick spray.
- Dough: COMBINE masa flour, wheat flour and salt in medium bowl. Cut in butter using pastry blender until pea-size chunks are formed. Add egg and water, by the tablespoon, to flour mixture, until dough comes together to form a ball. Rest for 10 minutes. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 6 1/2-inch circle.
- COOK ground beef and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up any lumps, until evenly browned and no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning, tomatoes, green chiles, potato, garlic and water. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until most of water is absorbed. Stir in cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- DIVIDE the filling evenly, about 1/3 cup, onto the lower half of dough circles, keeping it about 1/2-inch from edge. Fold dough in half. Crimp edges with fork to seal. Place empanadas on baking sheet. Brush with corn oil. Prick tops with tines of fork to vent. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
|Calories440Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.