- 1/2 cucumber (finely diced)
- 500 grams pineapple (peeled, cored, finely diced)
- 2 limes (juiced, plus grated zest of 1)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and sliced)
- 20 grams fresh root ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- brown sugar (to taste)
- 16 slices beef
- 6 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons salted roasted peanuts (chopped)
- 15 grams coriander leaves (fresh, stripped from stems)
- 1 kilogram potatoes (peeled and grated)
- 2 onions (peeled and cut into strips)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- For the pineapple-cucumber salad, combine cucumber, pineapple, lime zest, lime juice, chili, ginger and peanut oil. Season and add brown sugar to taste. Set aside.
- Spread 4 tbsp peanut butter over beef. Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Set aside.
- For the hash browns, combine potatoes, onions, egg and 2 tbsp cornstarch. Season. Form into 24 patties. In a frying pan, heat 4 tbsp oil and fry hash browns until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in a Dutch oven and sauté beef rolls over high heat for 1-2 mins. Season. Set aside. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Add remaining peanut butter. Mix remaining cornstarch with a little cold water until smooth then add to pan and simmer for 2 mins. Return beef to pan, cover and simmer for 5-7 mins. Serve with hash browns and salsa.
PER SERVING *
|Calories400Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.