- 1 cup green beans (cut into short lengths)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions (medium, peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 1 green chili pepper (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup tomato salsa (spicy)
- 1 1/4 cups sweetcorn (canned, drained)
- 15 ounces kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 8 flour tortillas (wheat)
- 1/4 cup jack (shredded Monterrey)
- Cook the green beans in a pan of lightly salted boiling water until just tender. Drain well and rinse under cold water. Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion, garlic, and chili over a medium heat for 6-7 mins until softened. Add the ground beef and cook until browned all over. Stir in the salsa and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add the green beans, sweetcorn and kidney beans to the pan and simmer gently for another 10-15 mins, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if the mixture starts to stick to the base of the pan. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Fill the tortillas with some of the beef and bean mixture and roll up. Layer in a greased baking dish and spoon the rest of the beef and bean mixture around and over the top of the filled tortillas. Scatter cheese over the top and bake for 15 mins until crisp and golden at the edges.
|Calories660Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.