- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 chorizo sausage (cured, thinly sliced)
- 1 pound rump steak (sliced)
- 16 ounces pasta sauce
- 5 ounces green beans (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 5 ounces sourdough bread (cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- mixed salad (to serve)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a saucepan over moderate heat. Add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Add rump steak and cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Add pasta sauce and 2 cups of water. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer gently for 20 minutes or until beef is just tender. Remove from heat. Stir in green beans and half the thyme. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 1 sheet of puff pastry into 4 strips. Arrange strips around edges of remaining pastry sheet to form a raised border.
- Grease an 8 inch round ovenproof dish. Line the prepared dish with the dough. Trim edges and prick base with a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden. Fill the pastry shell with cooled beef mixture and the level surface.
- Combine sourdough bread, remaining oil and thyme in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over top of beef filling. Bake for 20 minutes or until bread is golden and crisp. Let stand in dish for 10 minutes
- Serve with salad.
|Calories500Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.