- 2 tablespoons soy sauce ($0.18)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil ($0.33)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (* $0.05)
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar ($0.02)
- 1/2 head green cabbage ($1.78)
- 2 carrots ($0.22)
- 3 green onions ($0.17)
- 1/2 tablespoon neutral cooking oil ($0.02)
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef ($3.90)
- 2 cloves garlic ($0.16)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (fresh grated, $0.13)
- 1 pinch salt (and pepper $0.05)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds ($0.08)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha ($0.05)
|Calories210Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Julio L. 5 Dec 2018
Made it twice and everyone loves it. Easy recipe and tasty.
Vincent Savard 14 Aug 2018
fast, easy and and tasty
YumChef 23 Jul 2018
Amazing dish! If you’re not one for heat tone down the siracha a little but overall great dish! Added a little teriyaki to it too at the end for a little sweetness
Brenda Y. 9 May 2018
I added half a pepper, 1 celery stalk and beef bullions to taste. I only had a small amount of ginger so I flavored it up in other ways.
Gurkiran Banwait 22 Mar 2018
Amazing, I made it with ground chicken instead, and added peppers , so delicious!
Ann L. 11 Dec 2017
Easy and tasty weeknight staple. Can be tweaked with any additional veggies and/or udon noodles. Double the sauce if serving with rice or noodles. Good spice!
Margaret Hart 7 Sep 2017
This was great. Healthy, inexpensive, easy to use other veggies and otherwise tweak. I didn't have sriracha, but I do think it needs it. I'll likely get some just to try this again with it. It probably will bump the flavor up to where I'll really love this.
Teri Rennie 6 May 2017
This is a staple in my household. A quick and simple meal! I often find that I will have half a head of cabbage kicking around, and this meal makes quick work of it! Delicious!
Claudia C. 6 Sep 2016
I did not have soy sauce so substituted with 1 tablespoon of vinegar and 1 tbs of salt, also exchanged green cabbage with red cabbage. It worked out just fine, next time I'll try to stick to the original ingredients.