- 7 ounces noodles
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1 pound rump steak (cut into strips)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce (+ extra to taste)
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 2 heads bok choi (medium, shredded)
- 1 bunch scallions (cut into rings)
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package, then drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a tablespoon of oil in a large wok, and sauté the cashews, turning, for 1-2 mins, then remove and set aside. Add another 2 tablespoons of the oil to the wok and sauté the meat briskly for 1 minute, then stir in half of the garlic and cook for another minute. Next, add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and a half-teaspoon of the chili sauce, stir, then transfer the meat to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour 2 more tablespoons of oil into the wok and heat. Add the broccoli and cook for about 3 mins, turning. Next, add the bok choi and cook for 2-3 mins. Then stir in the rest of the hot chili sauce, garlic, soy sauce, and scallions and cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Return the meat to the pan, add the cashews and the drained noodles and stir briefly. Add extra soy sauce and hot chili sauce to taste. Serve in deep bowls.