- 14 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained and chopped (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons chives (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 6 inches rice paper (round)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 1/4 inch ginger (peeled and cut into matchsticks)
- 1 bunch choy sum (baby, or bok choy, coarsely chopped)
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced diagonally)
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Combine ground beef, water chestnuts, chives, garlic and soy sauce in a glass bowl. Season.
- For each wonton, soak 1 rice paper sheet in a bowl of warm water for 10 seconds or until just soft. Transfer to a clean work surface. Place 1 tbsp of meat mixture in center of rice paper. Gather rice paper over filling and pinch to enclose and form a pouch. Place on prepared pan. Repeat to make 24 wontons.
- Place 8 cups water, crumbled bouillon cubes, carrot and ginger in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Add wontons and choy sum; simmer gently for 2 mins or until wontons are just cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer wontons to serving bowls. Ladle hot stock mixture over wontons. Serve topped with onion.