- 6 pounds tenderloin roast (beef)
- 1/2 pound goose liver
- 1 egg (separated)
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 17 1/4 ounces frozen puff pastry
- onion (1 med. sized, minced)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- In heavy 1 quart saucepan over low heat, in 3 tablespoons hot butter, cook 1 tablespoon minced onion until tender. Stir in 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour; cook until lightly browned; add 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Slowly stir in one 10 1/2 ounce can condensed beef broth (bouillon), 1/2 cup red wine and 1/4 cup water. Increase heat to medium high; cook mixture, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens.
- 9. To serve, garnish with parsley. Cut Beef Wellington into wedges. Serve with Bordelaise sauce. Makes 10 servings. About 640 calories per serving.
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In large open roasting pan on rack, form tenderloin into ring so that thick end rests on thin end to hold securely. Brush beef with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Insert meat thermometer into center of tenderloin. Roast tenderloin 40 minutes or until thermometer reaches 120 degrees F. (very rare). Remove tenderloin from oven and let stand 30 minutes. Do not turn oven off.
|Calories470Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.