- 750 grams waxy potatoes (cut into wedges)
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (about 100g each)
- 250 grams button mushrooms
- 1 onion (medium, finely diced)
- 1 bunch rosemary leaves (stripped from stalks, reserve a few stalks for garnish)
- 200 grams blueberries
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 125 milliliters balsamic vinegar
- Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan, add the potatoes and cook over medium heat for 25-30 mins, turning regularly. Tie the beef steaks with butcher's twine. Heat the remaining oil in a pan and cook the steaks for 4-5 mins, turning. Add the mushrooms for the last 2-3 mins. Remove from the pan, season to taste and keep warm.
- Sauté the onion and rosemary leaves in the hot pan, add 3 oz of the blueberries and the maple syrup, then stir in 2/4 cup water and the vinegar. Simmer over high heat for 5-8 mins. Add the remaining blueberries and warm through. Season to taste. Serve with the steaks and potatoes.