- 600 grams tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely diced)
- 1/2 bunch basil (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 400 grams blue potatoes (eg Blue Swede, peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 liter frying oil
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (each about 180g)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- For the salsa, mix tomatoes, onions, basil and vinegar and season to taste.
- For the potato chips, heat frying oil in a large saucepan and fry potato slices, working in batches, for 2-3 mins. Drain on paper towels and season to taste.
- For the steak, heat oil in a pan and sear the steaks for 2-3 mins each side. Season to taste, wrap in foil then let rest for 3 mins. Unwrap and serve with chips and salsa.