- 1 pound new potatoes (halved)
- 1/2 bunch chives (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (medium, peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 12 ounces fillet steak (sinew removed, cut into thick strips)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley leaves (roughly chopped)
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook the potatoes for 12-15 mins until tender. Drain and smash lightly with a fork, then stir through the chives and extra-virgin olive oil. Season.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp of the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for 6 mins before adding the garlic and paprika. Cook for a further minute, add the wine and reduce until almost evaporated. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and melt the remaining butter. Add the beef and cook for 2 mins until brown. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 min.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and stock, then return the onions and mushrooms to the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 5 mins until the meat is tender. Season.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the sour cream. Top with parsley and serve with smashed potatoes and chives.
PER SERVING *
|Calories970Calories from Fat540|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat540|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.