Beef Stroganoff is a hearty dinner classic. Beef tenderloin is lightly browned alongside fresh onions before being simmered in a tomato and mustard wine sauce for an hour until perfectly tender. The addition of cream makes a flavorful cream sauce th…
t complements the tang of the mustard wine sauce. Serve alongside rice or your favorite pasta for a dinner that will stick with you and tastes wonderful. Garnish with a little chopped parsley.
- 800 grams beef tenderloin (sliced into thick fillets)
- olive oil (or butter)
- 1 onion (large, finely sliced)
- 250 grams mushrooms (small, if they are large, halve them)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 432 grams crushed tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons wine (sweet, like Moscato or Marsala)
- 2 bay leaves
- ground black pepper
- 250 milliliters heavy cream
- fresh parsley (chopped)
- Cut each fillet into strips going with the grain of the beef.
- In a large pot, heat up either some olive oil or butter. Add the beef and brown it on all sides.
- Add the onions and saute them until softened and transparent. At that point, add the mushrooms and stir everything together.
- Add the mustard, tomatoes, wine, and bay leaves and stir everything together. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer on low heat for about an hour or until the meat is tender. Occasionally check to make sure all the liquid has not evaporated out. If it looks low, add a little water.
- Once the meat is tender, stir in the cream and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and on a bed of steamed rice or pasta.
|Calories870Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat630|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.