So rich and creamy, the perfect comfort food.
- 500g Beef steak – sliced into short strips
- 8-10 button Mushrooms – sliced
- 1 small Onion – sliced
- 2-3 cloves crushed Garlic
- 1-2 tbsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp Vegeta powder (or other vegetable stock)
- ½ -1 tsp cracked Pepper
- pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- pinch of Salt
- ½-1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 Beef Oxo cubes (or other beef bullion/stock cube)
- 2 heaped tsp Gravy Mix
- 2-3 heaped tsp Dijon Mustard (I use Maille brand)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 small tub Sour Cream (full fat)
- ½ cup chopped Parsley
- 1-2 tbsp. oil for cooking
- Potato Noodles (if you can find them, if not I use Curley Fettuccini) – cooked as per packet instructions
- Heat oil in a large frypan.
- Add steak, mushrooms, onion, and garlic and cook until steak is browned.
- Stir through cayenne, vegeta, paprika, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Mix Oxo, Dijon, and gravy mix with the boiling water. Stir/whisk until there are no lumps left in the gravy. (Note: When making the gravy, I find the easiest way to avoid clumps is to add the oxos, gravy mix and Dijon to a heatproof jug/large mug. Give it a stir to combine the wet and dry ingredients before adding the water. Then add water a splash at a time, stirring to form a paste between each splash. Keep this up (splash and stir) until all water added. You should avoid any lumps this way.
- Add gravy to the frypan and stir through steak mix, stirring regularly until gravy has thickened.
- Add tub of sour cream, stir until smooth and heated through. (Note: I like to mix the sour cream with a fork while in the container. This helps work out any lumps before you add it to the meat.
- Stir through parsley.
- Serve with pasta or noodles, and a nice fresh salad.