- 7 tablespoons all purpose flour (Pillsbury BEST™)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons crisco (® Pure Vegetable Oil)
- 28 ounces reduced sodium beef broth (divided)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 16 ounces frozen vegetables for stew
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup jack (Hungry, ® Instant Mashed Potato Flakes)
- 1/2 cup jack (Hungry, ® Complete Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix, Just Add Water)
- 1 tablespoon green onion (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- COMBINE 3 tablespoons flour and seasoned salt in large resealable plastic bag. Add beef cubes. Seal and toss to coat.
- HEAT oil in 6-quart Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and cook until well browned on all sides. Add 2 1/2 cups beef broth, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.
- STIR in frozen vegetables. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Whisk together remaining beef broth and remaining flour in small bowl. Add to stew, stirring until gravy thickens.
- To prepare dumpling batter: WHISK eggs and water in medium bowl. Stir in potato flakes until moistened. Add pancake mix, green onion, parsley and garlic salt; mix well.
|Calories320Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.