A scrumptiously savory dish, this recipe for Beef Steak with Nopales is a must try. Nopal is the Spanish name for the Opuntia cacti, a member of the prickly pear family. Served on a bed of homemade chipotle bean cream, the seared beef steaks and nop…
les are served with a homemade Guajillo chili vinaigrette, see recipe for instructions on how to make the vinaigrette. Allow plenty of time while cooking to allow the flavors to reach their maximum potential.
- 1 cup beans (Peruvian, cooked)
- 3 tablespoons cream
- chipotle chilies (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 beef fillets
- 8 nopales
- 3 guajillo chilies
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Rinse the chilies, remove the seeds, and soak in 1 cup hot water until soft. Drain and pat dry.
- In a blender, add the chilies, oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt to taste.
- Puree and drain.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- In a blender, add the beans, cream, and chipotle chilies. Puree until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the bean cream. Add water if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a griddle, heat olive oil and sear the steaks. Season with salt and pepper and turn over to cook on the other side.
- Add the nopales and sear. Cut into strips. Dress with the Guajillo chili vinaigrette.
- To plate, pour a base of bean cream.
- Place the steak on top and nopales on the side.
- Garnish to taste and serve.
|Calories380Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.