Salpicon means hodgepodge or medley. This recipe for Beef Salpicon is a perfectly blended dish that provides flavor and punch. It takes about 35 minutes to prepare this dish that has a mere 140 calories. The recipe calls for beef brisket, onions, garlic cloves, coriander, vegetable oil, chopped tomatoes, and pickled jalapeno chilies. Serve this savory creation over corn or flour tortillas and pair it with your favorite beer.
- 400 grams beef (preferably beef brisket)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove (cut in half)
- 2 sprigs coriander
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers (pickled)
- 2 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- Cut the meat into thin, 5 cm. wide squares.
- Fill a medium sized pot halfway with water, the coriander sprigs, 1/4 onion, salt, and the slices of meat. Make sure that the meat isn’t completely covered in water. Cook the meat for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let the meat cool. Once the meat is no longer hot, remove it from the pot and shred it. Save the water in the pan.
- Pour the oil into a large pan and add the remaining 1/4 onion and garlic.
- Mix the ingredients well, and once the onion becomes a light golden color, add the tomato. Mix everything together until the texture and color of the tomato begins to change.
- Add the shredded beef, chili peppers, coriander, and a bit of the water that was used to prepare the meat into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the beef on corn or flour tortillas.
PER SERVING *
|Calories140Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.