- 5 pounds beef roast (; chunk, rump, round)
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (minced)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package onion soup (Lipton's Beefy)
- 2 pounds potatoes (or more, washed and cut into chunks if large or left whole if small)
- 2 pounds carrots (or more, pared, leave whole or cut into chunks, if desired)
- Use a large heavy pan with cover or use you may also use heavy duty foil to enclose meat and vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Rub garlic over roast then sprinkle fresh herbs. (You will not have to brown the meat). Place in pan (bag or on foil). Pour soups over meat. Cover pan and put into oven. If using foil, close tightly. Cook until meat is within one hour of being done. This will vary depending on type of meat used.
- Uncover pan and then add vegetables. Recover and cook until vegetables are done. You may add some water if sauce is very thick. Slice and serve meat with vegetables and pan gravy. The gravy is lightly thickened. If desired, thicken further with either flour or cornstarch.