These delicately balanced beef meatballs can be served on toothpicks as an appetizer, alongside a simple dipping sauce, or added to any pasta dish. Their mixture of spices and herbs elevates the savory, soft beef. Crunchy from the outside and sweet savory spices form a soft center. Because of their tiny size, it takes no time for a hot skillet to fully cook the meatballs and form a crusty covering around the flavorful middle.
- 1 onions
- 1 shallots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 300 grams ground beef
- 2 tablespoons middle eastern spices
- olive oil
- Peel and finely chop the onion, shallot, and garlic cloves.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, Middle Eastern spice mix, onion, shallot, and garlic. Form the mixture into meatballs.
- Heat a frying pan and add a little olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the meatballs and cook them through.
- Remove the meatballs from the heat and serve.