- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 2 1/4 pounds rump steak (trimmed, cubed)
- 4 potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 2 tablespoons Massaman curry paste
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup coconut cream (plus extra, to serve)
- 1 cup beef stock
- steamed rice (to serve)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on high. Sauté onion 1-2 minutes, until tender. Add steak in batches and brown 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, curry paste and kaffir lime leaves. Add coconut cream and stock. Bring to a boil, the reduce heat and simmer 25-30 minutes, until beef is tender.
- Serve curry with a swirl of extra coconut cream and steamed rice.