- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600 grams beef steak (mince)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 300 grams celeriac (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- 1 leek (small, chopped)
- 2 carrots (peeled and cut into small cubes)
- 50 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 400 grams chopped tomatoes (cans)
- 1 vegetable stock (cube)
- 3 anchovy fillets (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried herbs (Italian)
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 500 milliliters whole milk
- 50 grams butter
- 100 grams parmesan
- 26 lasagne (dried, sheets)
- 125 grams mozzarella (sliced)
- salad (Green, to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Prepare lasagne noodles according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan, add the beef and cook for 10 mins, breaking into small pieces. Stir in the onion, garlic, celery root, leek, carrot and 1 tbsp of the flour and cook briefly. Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1 min.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and crumbled bouillon cube and stir in 1 cup water. Bring to a boil. Stir in the anchovies and herbs.
- Simmer, covered, for 8-10 mins, stirring occasionally. Add sugar and season to taste.
- For the béchamel sauce, combine the milk and 2 cups water. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add 1/3 cup of flour and cook for 1 min, stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk mixture, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and stir in most of the Parmesan. Season to taste.
- Spread a thin layer of the béchamel sauce in the base of a large baking dish (approx 12 x 8 x 3 inches). Layer meat sauce, lasagne noodles and béchamel, finishing with a layer of noodles and béchamel.
- Top with mozzarella and the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 1 hour or until cheese on top is golden brown. Serve with a green salad.
|Calories380Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.