- 2 1/4 pounds beef
- 2 inches rump roast
- 3 1/2 ounces bacon
- 1 carrot
- 2 onions
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 sprigs parsley
- 3 cups red wine (Côtes du Rhone, Bourgogne...)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 1/4 pounds potatoes
- 2 parsley (springs of)
- The night before (or at least 5 hours before preparing it), rinse and chop thyme and parsley. In a large dish, season meat with salt and combine it with the red wine and the bouquet garni. Cover and leave marinade in the fridge.
- Peel and slice carrots, mushrooms and onions.
- Dice bacon.
- Peel and crush garlic clove.
- Heat oil in a large casserole or stew pot over high heat. Add beef pieces moving them so all sides get cooked equally. Keep marinade aside.
- Add bacon, carrots, onions and mushrooms. Sprinkle ingredients with flour and stir until flour gets a golden color.
- Cover with red wine from the marinade and get to a boil stirring continuously.
- Add garlic clove, bouquet garni, beef stock, salt and pepper. Cover and leave over low heat for at least 4 h 30. (Try checking on it and stirring every 30 to 40 minutes so ingredients don't stick to the bottom of the stew pot. If your sauce keeps being too liquid, uncover for a while. If it's not enough, you can still sprinkle a little more flour. Meat is ready when soft.)
- Minutes before serving, peel and steam side potatoes.
- Rinse and chop parsley.
- Serve beef Bourguignon with potatoes seasoned with parsley, salt and pepper.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1110Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat500|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.