- 2 cups dried navy beans
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger (fresly grated)
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple (roughly chopped)
- 16 ounces ham steak (cubed)
- Soak dried navy beans overnight in a large pot. You want the water to be cold and about 2-3 inches above the beans. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place in a large pot and cover by 4-5 inches of fresh water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 – 1½ hours until the beans are tender but not bursting.
- In the meantime, combine teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar and ginger in a medium bowl. Whisk until brown sugar has dissolved. Set aside.