Bean and Rice SaladMADELEINE COCINA
If you only have 30 minutes to create a dinner entrée that is packed with flavor and nutrients, then try this Bean and Rice Salad. It can be a side dish to your favorite meat, or a main dish. There are 710 calories per serving in this creamy creation. This is the perfect recipe for a backyard barbecue, holiday party, or special celebration. We think your guests will love this dish.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked)
- 1 cup beans (cooked)
- 1/2 Tbsp. chile powder
- 1/2 tsp. oregano (ground)
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro (minced)
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup lettuce (washed and shredded)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- tortilla chips (or tostadas broken into pieces)
- prepared salsa
- lime juice
- Saute the onion in the olive oil until it begins to brown, add one tomato, rice, and beans. Season with the chile powder and oregano. Cook for 3 minutes, to heat through. Remove from heat.
- Mix the other tomato, cilantro, tomato sauce, salt, and pepper together in a separate bowl.
- Place the lettuce into a salad bowl along with the rice and bean mixture. Stir in the tomato mixture and serve topped with cheese, tortilla chips, salsa, and lime juice.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories720Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes