Bean and Clam StewRecetas del Señor Señor
This bean and clam stew comes together in just over an hour for a hearty and delicious meal. Buttery white beans add a ton of substance and protein to this soup, which makes a great dinner. Green bell pepper and onion add a bit of rich and aromatic flavor while white wine brings all the flavors together. Serve this stew sprinkled with some chopped fresh parsley and a slice or two of toasted bread.
- 400 grams white beans
- 400 grams clams
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cayenne pepper
- 2 1/2 ounces white wine
- fresh parsley
- 1The night before, liberally cover the white beans with cold water and let soak overnight.
- 2The next day, pour the drained beans into a tall, wide pot, cover with cold water, and boil on high heat.
- 3Once the beans start to boil, remove the foam on top and lower the heat, Add the paprika and turmeric and stir.
- 4Add the 2 cloves of garlic, the 2 halves of onion, and 1/2 the bell pepper. Add 4 ounces of water to the pot to "shock" the beans every half hour. Simmer for 2 hours on low heat.
- 5Once the beans are cooked, remove the onion, garlic, and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 6Add a tablespoon of oil to a skillet on low heat. Add the remaining onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
- 7Add the flour and the cayenne pepper. Continue sauteing another few minutes until the flour is toasted.
- 8Add the wine and a splash of water. Simmer on high heat 1 minute until the alcohol has evaporated away.
- 9Add the clams. Cover the skillet and cook until all of the clams open. Discard any clams that remain closed.
- 10Add the parsley and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 11Add the clams with their juices to the pot of beans. Cook 5 minutes on low heat and remove the cayenne pepper.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.