If you're in the mood to bake, we have perfect recipe for you: Bavarian Rohrnudeln. This recipe is a baker's delight! Not only is this recipe delicious but it is also the perfect pair to a Bavarian meal. This Bavarian Rohrnudeln recipe is commonly p…
epared during the holidays when family is over and desserts are being passed around. Please let us know your thoughts! We are sure you will enjoy!
- 500 grams flour
- 25 grams yeast (brewer’s)
- 150 milliliters milk (warm)
- 100 grams butter (melted)
- 100 grams sugar
- grated lemon peel
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- 80 grams butter (melted, for soaking and brushing the dessert)
- prunes (Dried pitted, for the filling)
- powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 50 grams sugar
- milk (2.5 dl.)
- 1 vanilla pod
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of sugar in the warm milk.
- Place the flour in a bowl, add the yeast and the sugar/milk mixture, cover and let rise for approximately 45 minutes.
- Add the butter, sugar, grated lemon peel, eggs, and a pinch of salt and knead until the dough is smooth and uniform in consistency and it no longer sticks to the bowl or to your hands.
- Cover and let rise until the dough doubles in size.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to a thickness of approximately 2 centimeters, cut out disks. Place a prune in the center of each disk, fold over the dough and seal the ends. Soak them in the melted butter and place on a buttered baking sheet leaving some space between each one, and with the smooth side up. Cover and let the dough rise again until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Brush the surface with the melted butter and bake for approximately 20 to 30 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve warm with the warm vanilla sauce.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar without whipping them.
- Bring the milk to a boil in a medium saucepan with the seeds of the vanilla pod.
- Slowly add the milk to the egg mixture and combine, pour the cream into the saucepan, turn on the heat and cook it while stirring continuously (the cream must not boil). The cream is ready when it has thickened.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove, put the cream through a sieve and serve warm over the dessert.
|Calories1140Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.