Try this quick and easy recipe for a weekday meal. Serve with noodles and a crisp mixed green salad.
- 4 boneless ribeye (rib) pork chops (about 1/2-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 ounces beer (room temperature)
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- buttered noodles (optional)
- fresh parsley (optional)
- Lightly flour chops.
- Melt butter in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foaming.
- Brown chops 1-2 minutes per side. Remove, reserve.
- Add green onion, garlic, mushrooms and thyme; saute for 2-3 minutes, until onion is soft.
- Return chops to skillet, add beer; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 6-7 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with buttered noodles, garnished with parsley, if desired.