Just when holiday entertaining starts taking control of you and your life, just know you've got this versatile pesto on your side! Game over in 15 min flat!
This traditional Pesto can be served in hundreds of ways, but today we look at two ways — o…
e, a pure virgin serving suggestion that really lets the Pesto shine and the other a crowd pleaser and stunner.
- 1 package fresh basil (I chose organic. Washed and patted dry)
- 4 cloves garlic (fresh, peeled)
- 3/4 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese (good)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3/4 cup olive oil (good, I used single source Greek olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or more if needed)
- shaved parmesan
- 1 tomato (ripe)
- 2 slices proscuitto
- Toast your Pine nuts in the oven for about 5-6 minutes at 300 degrees (this is where a small toaster oven comes really handy). If not you can toast them lightly in a small egg pan. Be watchful as they toast really fast and always keep moving them around.
- Now just toss all your basil leaves (stems too) in a food processor, the peeled garlic, the shaved parmesan, olive oil, lime juice and salt, and pulse 8 to 10 times.
- Pesto is ready!
- Toast some Ciabatta (I used Umbria) slices and slather the Pesto generously. Add some thinly shaved Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with some olive oil and sprinkle black pepper.
- On another slice add some feather light Prosciutto and drizzle some olive oil and black pepper on top. As an option you can also add some fresh Mozzarella or tomatoes under the meat.
- Party app is done! Enjoy and Happy holidays!
|Calories190Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.