- 2 tablespoons olive oil ($0.32)
- 1 yellow onion ($0.49)
- 2 cloves garlic ($0.32)
- 1 pound ground beef ($4.79)
- 15 ounces kidney beans ($1.09)
- 15 ounces black beans ($0.89)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes ($0.50)
- 6 ounces tomato paste ($0.55)
- 1 cup water ($0.00)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (** $0.30)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin ($0.10)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder ($0.02)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder ($0.03)
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar ($0.02)
- 1 teaspoon salt ($0.05)
- freshly ground pepper (about ½ tsp $0.03)
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Tracy A. 14 Aug
so far, easiest and tastiest chili recipe that I've tried. Used V8 juice and beef broth instead of water and it was amazing!
Antoine 29 Jul
This chili came out great and I modified the recipe a little by using tomato juice and puree instead of diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Then i added in some stuff to make it spicy and some extra sugar and my recipe came out as a spicy tomato flavor
Walterneppl@aol.com 10 May
I found it a little bland so i tripled the coriander and used 1/2 tablespoon hot chili powder and 1/tablespoon smoked paprika. much better. family loved it.
Dustin K. 19 Apr
excellent added white beans also
Georg Angelidakis 21 Oct 2017
Easy & tasty. Would make again.
Anthony K. 10 Sep 2017
It was great! Classic taste with the right ingredients. We will make this one a regular recipe in our household.
Frank Hernandez 10 May 2017
Really well balanced. I used only 1/4 of water and 1/2of the tomato paste. I replaced that by keeping some of the liquid from the beans and adding another 10oz can of Rotels petite diced tomatoes and green Chilis. Even mt 15month old liked it
Shaina Hill 26 Mar 2017
Really good! We took our own liberties with the spices since the group loves spicy food. Also we didn't have brown sugar but it was good without it too.
Khadija D. 6 Dec 2016
OMG! So delicious! First time ever making chili. It taste just like when my mom used to make it. Family devoured it. Next time ill make twice as much so I have some left over to freeze.
Patti D 11 May 2016
Delicious and simple! Flavorful but not overly spicy. This will definitely become a regular staple at my house.