- 1 pound turkey breast (cut into 1/3 inch wide strips)
- 2 tablespoons tomato (pureé)
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 strips bacon (halved)
- 4 dried dates
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and cut into chunks)
- 1 yellow pepper (deseeded and cut into chunks)
- 1/3 pound ground sausage (coarsly, skin removed)
- 4 pounds pork shoulder steaks (1/4 lb each)
- 1/4 pound sun-dried tomatoes in oil (drained, 1/3 cut in half)
- 2 ounces pitted green olives (sliced)
- 1/2 bunch sage
- 1/2 bunch rosemary (chopped, a few pieces set aside for garnish)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- 4 tomatoes (large, halved)
- mango chutney (to serve, optional)
- Spread half the turkey strips with tomato pureé and the other half with pesto, then roll them up. Wrap the bacon strips around the dates. Thread the turkey rolls, peppers and bacon-wrapped dates on 4 skewers and set aside.
- Press the sausage meat onto 2 of the pork steaks. Top with the whole sun-dried tomatoes and the olives. Arrange the halved sun-dried tomatoes with the sage leaves on the other 2 pork steaks, pinning the ingredients together with toothpicks.
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Mix the chopped rosemary with the oil and pink peppercorns. Broil the pork steaks, turkey skewers and tomato halves, brushing every so often with rosemary oil and turning once. The pork steaks should take about 15 mins, the turkey skewers 8-10 mins, and the tomatoes 5 mins. Season well and garnish with reserved rosemary pieces. Serve with mango chutney, if desired.
|Calories1310Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat720|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.