This ain't your average Barbecue Chicken. This Barbecue Chicken recipe is packed with bold flavor to leave you and your guests wanting more. You will fall in love with this Barbecue Chicken recipe. Let us know about your experience in the comments below or give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along.We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 grams onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ketchup (25 cl.)
- club soda (12 cl.)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 handfuls chips (wood, for smoking soaked in water for 1/2 hour)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, let the onion and the garlic get golden in it while stirring frequently.
- Add ketchup, club soda, lemon juice, brown sugar, mustard, paprika, salt, lemon zest and pepper.
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often unti thick.
- Coat the chicken pieces with sauce and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Brush the cooking grill.
- Grill the chicken pieces for 8 to 10 minutes over direct medium heat, turning over once in a while, lid closed, until golden brown.
- Then place over indirect medium heat. Drain the wood chips and scatter them over the grill.
- Cook for 20 minutes lid closed.
- Brush the pieces with a thin layer of sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn them over regularly basting the chicken until cooked through.
PER SERVING *
|Calories790Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.