Barbecue ChickenOn dine chez Nanou
This ain't your average Barbecue Chicken. This Barbecue Chicken recipe is packed with bold flavor to leave you and your guests wanting more. You will fall in love with this Barbecue Chicken recipe. Let us know about your experience in the comments below or give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along.We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 grams onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ketchup (25 cl.)
- club soda (12 cl.)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 handfuls snack chips (wood, for smoking soaked in water for 1/2 hour)
- 1Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, let the onion and the garlic get golden in it while stirring frequently.
- 2Add ketchup, club soda, lemon juice, brown sugar, mustard, paprika, salt, lemon zest and pepper.
- 3Stir and bring to boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often unti thick.
- 5Coat the chicken pieces with sauce and let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 6Brush the cooking grill.
- 7Grill the chicken pieces for 8 to 10 minutes over direct medium heat, turning over once in a while, lid closed, until golden brown.
- 8Then place over indirect medium heat. Drain the wood chips and scatter them over the grill.
- 9Cook for 20 minutes lid closed.
- 10Brush the pieces with a thin layer of sauce and cook for 15 minutes.
- 11Turn them over regularly basting the chicken until cooked through.
PER SERVING *
|Calories790Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.