Chicken takes on the flavors of the ingredients it is paired with. This Barbecue Chicken is not only tasty and savory, it also is sweet and low in calories. This recipe uses two thighs, two legs and one half chicken breasts and adds rich and spicy herbs and spices for a taste that is out of this world. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 5 pieces chicken (2 thighs, 2 legs, and one half breast)
- 2 poblano peppers (seeded)
- 2 tomatoes (medium, chopped)
- 6 green tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 onions (peeled and chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- ground black pepper
- 1 clove (ground)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 1/4 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 black olives (pitted and cut in half)
- Place the chicken in a large bowl or a resealable plastic bag
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add chile peppers. Boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the peppers and add to a food processor with tomatoes, garlic, black pepper, and clove. Puree until smooth.
- Pour this sauce onto the chicken. Place the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Add the chicken in a large pot with the sauce and heat on medium heat. Add the parsley, almonds, raisins, oregano, and thyme into the pot
- Cover the pot and allow it to cook for 40 minutes.
- Turn the chicken and cook for another 30 to 40 minutes.
- Check to see if the chicken is fully cooked and serve with the sauce.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.