Cut from the belly and is cured and smoked, bacon can be cut thin or thick or even sold in slabs.
- 32 shrimp (Fresh, In Shells, Or Frozen Shrimp)
- 16 slices bacon (Cut In Half)
- 32 leaves basil (Coarsely Chopped)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese (Freshly Grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (Minced)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Remove shells from shrimp, leaving tails. Butterfly each shrimp by cutting a slit along its back; remove vein. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels.
- For stuffing, combine basil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in small bowl. Place stuffing in slits. Leaving tail exposed, wrap each shrimp with half-slice of bacon, tucking in ends.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place shrimp on baking sheet with tails pointing up. Bake until shrimp turn opaque, about 14 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Dip shrimp into barbecue sauce and place on grill until sauce caramelizes or return to baking sheet and bake until sauce is caramelized, about 3 minutes.