Barbacoa-style ChickenMadeleine Cocina
It's time to shake things up! If you have never tried this Barbacoa-style Chicken recipe before you are in for a real surprise. This Barbacoa-style Chicken is packed with bold flavor to leave you and your guests wanting more. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We love to read about your experiences cooking our recipes. You can also give this recipe a star rating!
- 3 ancho chile pepper
- 3 guajillo chili peppers
- 1 clove (ground)
- ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 chicken breast halves (skinless and deboned)
- avocado leaves
- banana leaves
- 1Place the ancho and Guajillo chilies in a saucepan with boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn the stove off and let them rest for 30 minutes.
- 2Remove the chilies from the saucepan, then devein and seed.
- 3Place in the blender and add the clove, pinch of cumin, pepper, cinnamon, oregano, garlic, and salt to taste. Puree to obtain a thick sauce.
- 4Cover the chicken with this sauce. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest overnight in the refrigerator.
- 5The next day, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 6Heat the banana leaves to soften. Place on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil, then add a layer of avocado leaves and the chicken on top.
- 7Wrap with the same banana leaf.
- 8Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes. Then, open the banana leaf and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes. The chicken must be done on the inside.
- 9Let the chicken cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 10Serving suggestion: refried beans, avocado, lime, and tortillas.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.