- 3 pounds chuck roast (fat trimmed, cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 adobo sauce (chiptoles in, chopped, or more to taste)
- 4 ounces green chiles (chopped)
- 1 white onion (small, finely chopped, about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano (dried, or regular oregano)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup beef broth (or water)
|Calories350Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Monica R. 17 Dec 2018
We’ve made this too many times to count! Usually at least once a week! This is our favorite recipe for tacos! Thanks!!!
Ryan Etheridge 18 Aug 2018
Great . I will definitely make it again .
Westley K. 5 Jun 2018
Turned out great even without adobo. Will definitely make sure I have it next time though
bri crespin 19 Apr 2018
Not a fan. Needed more spice and flavor.
Andrew W. 9 Nov 2017
This is so easy and tastes amazing!!!
Ashley Kopenhefer-Hendry 15 Mar 2017
Very delicious and perfect for tacos or burritos. Would be great mixed with scrambled eggs for breakfast with the leftover meat. Will definitely make this again.
Janet H. 22 Feb 2016
This is a delicious recipe! We used it for tacos. Garnished with queso fresca & sliced radishes for crunch. Will definitely make this again!
Melissa N. 28 Oct 2015
This recipe was fantastic. The meat was tender and have been eating as a soup with a fried egg on top after we used for tacos. This will be come a staple recipe at our home.