There's something about a British accent that makes me giggle. Whenever I try to imitate it, I just end up laughing so hard that I almost cry. Last week out of no where I got the idea to make bangers and mash. I'd never had the dish, let alone ever…
made it, but I had some sausage and some cauliflower and onions and peppers so why not give it a go. It was pretty easy and took very little time to make. The best part is that it was healthy, low carb and pretty. Oh and it tasted delicious!
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 3 pork sausages (cut length-wise)
- 1/2 bell pepper (large, sliced, any color)
- 1 yellow onion (small)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margerine)
- In a large pot, fill water half way and sprinkle a generous amount of salt. Bring to a boil.
- Chop your cauliflower into small florets. Chop your pepper into strips and your onion into half moons.
- Once your water starts to boil, place your cauliflower in the pot.
- Get a skillet ready with some olive oil and brown your sausage until it has color on all sides. Place your onion and pepper in with the sausage and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add your stock to your onions, peppers and sausage and let simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Get your slurry ready by combining your corn starch and water together. Add to your stock. This will thicken and make a sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- At this point you can check your cauliflower. If it is fork tender then it's ready. Drain and return to pot. Add in your butter and using your immersion blender (or a food processor if you don't have one) blend until smooth.
- Serve the sausage, veggies and sauce over your cauli-mashed and enjoy!
|Calories730Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.