Cookies create happiness where ever they are. They are perfect at parties, celebrations, afternoon snacks, and late night movie binges. These Banana, Oatmeal, and Chocolate Cookies are 120 calories per serving and take about an hour to prepare. The aromas from the oven will have the whole family begging for a warm treat. But rest assured, this recipe makes 35 cookies, so you don’t have to worry about getting one.
- 3/4 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana (ripe, mashed)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Place the butter into a bowl and mix it with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add both sugars and continue mixing everything until the ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda and continue mixing.
- Continue mixing the dough at a low setting with the electric mixer until the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Add the oatmeal, chocolate chips, and almonds and mix together by hand.
- Cover a baking tray with cooking spray or parchment paper. Roll teaspoon-sized portions of dough with your hands and place them on the tray 1 inch apart. Optional: You may also refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes before baking the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes at 180C. Cool for 10 min. and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories120Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.