Moist, darkly sweet gluten free banana bread studded with chewy, sweet dates and toasted almonds. This is a classic banana bread recipe with a healthy twist.
- 2 bananas (large ripe, ~1 1/4 cups mashed)
- 6 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 55 grams brown rice flour
- 55 grams white rice flour (+ 1 teaspoon extra)
- 55 grams buckwheat flour
- 55 grams sorghum flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2/3 cup toasted almonds (chopped)
- 1/2 cup dates (chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F) and line a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mash your bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add the Greek yoghurt, honey, brown sugar, vanilla essence, almond milk, and eggs. Whisk until very well combined.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl whisk together brown rice flour, white rice flour, buckwheat flour, sorghum flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- In the empty dry ingredients bowl mix together toasted almonds, chopped dates, and extra 1 teaspoon white rice flour until dates and almonds are coated. This will stop the mix-ins from sinking to the bottom.
- Add dates and almonds to the batter and mix until distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out with only a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then turn out and cool completely before slicing thickly and serving.
|Calories310Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.