Full of fun fruity flavor, you simply must try these Banana and Tangerine Pancakes for breakfast this weekend. Made with fresh tangerine juice and zest, the pancake batter is bursting with sweet citrus flavor. Slices of banana are added while cooking the pancakes for a golden brown breakfast treat that is fluffy and light. Serve the pancakes with honey, maple syrup, or make your own tangerine syrup by combining tangerine juice and honey over heat.
- 115 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 140 milliliters milk
- 1 tangerine zest
- 3 tangerines (juice)
- 1 banana (large ripe)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt to the yolks. Add the milk little by little, and finally the juice of 1 tangerine and tangerine zest.
- Whisk the egg whites with the salt to soft peaks. Stir in the above mixture, and mix well.
- Heat a little butter in a skillet.
- Use a spoon to add pancake batter into skillet, and add 3 slices of banana to each pancake.
- When the dough starts to bubble, flip it and cook until well browned.
- Repeat the process, until all the batter is used.
- This recipe does not include sugar. If a sweeter pancake is desired, in a small saucepan, add the juice of 2 tangerines with a little honey and bring to a boil on medium heat. Pour this mixture on hot pancakes.
|Calories250Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.