Banana and Raspberry BreadAnanás e Hortelã
Bananas and raspberries may not be the most obvious combination when baking quick breads such as this one, but they are a delicious pairing that's similar to bananas and another type of berries: blueberries. Here, the two fruits are folded into a batter that's sweetened with brown sugar and is made moist with eggs and milk (and those bananas, the riper the better). Be careful not to crush the berries when mixing them in.
- 75 grams butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 bananas (ripe, mashed)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- 3In a bowl, whisk the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
- 4Add the eggs and beat well.
- 5Add the banana and mix.
- 6Sift the flour and the baking powder into the mixture and combine.
- 7Add the milk and stir until well mixed.
- 8Gently fold in the raspberries to avoid crushing.
- 9Place the dough in the pan and smooth the surface.
- 10Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.