Bananas and raspberries may not be the most obvious combination when baking quick breads such as this one, but they are a delicious pairing that's similar to bananas and another type of berries: blueberries. Here, the two fruits are folded into a batter that's sweetened with brown sugar and is made moist with eggs and milk (and those bananas, the riper the better). Be careful not to crush the berries when mixing them in.
- 75 grams butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 bananas (ripe, mashed)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the banana and mix.
- Sift the flour and the baking powder into the mixture and combine.
- Add the milk and stir until well mixed.
- Gently fold in the raspberries to avoid crushing.
- Place the dough in the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.