Go bananas for bananas with this Banana and Chocolate Cake. A deliciously light banana cream runs through the center of this Banana and Chocolate Cake. Made with banana yogurt this cake has a lovely moist texture. Grated chocolate adds a bit of contrast to the sweetness of the banana. Covered in a banana frosting, this cake can be garnished with banana slices or chocolate work for an elegant cake ready for any special occasion. This is a cake best served cold so refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 50 milliliters milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 150 grams margarine
- 200 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 400 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 yogurt (banana)
- 100 grams unsweetened chocolate (70% cocoa, grated)
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 package cream
- 1 lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the milk with the lemon juice, and set aside.
- Beat margarine and sugar to a creamy and fluffy mixture.
- Add the eggs, one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda, and gently add them to the dough, mixing with a spatula.
- Add the vanilla extract, yogurt, grated chocolate, and milk, and mix.
- Place the dough in a greased and floured round pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Mash 2 bananas with a fork, and mix well with the powdered sugar.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks, and gently add enough (for the filling) to banana mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut 1 banana in slices, and soak in lemon juice.
- Finally, after it cools, cut the cake diagonally.
- Fill with banana cream.
- Cover the cake with the remaining cream.
- Drain banana slices. Make a circle of overlapping banana slices on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1150Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat450|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.