Two favorite fruits are better than one, especially when they are added to a favorite breakfast treat, as in this recipe for pancakes. Coconut oil is a flavorful alternative to vegetable oil as the cooking fat, helping the pancakes turn nice and golden brown on the outside. Be sure to allow the first side to set completely before flipping the pancakes. These are best served with more blueberries (and bananas) and shredded coconut, plus a drizzle of warm maple syrup.
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 5 eggs (organic)
- 50 grams grated coconut
- 100 grams fresh blueberries
- coconut oil (to taste)
- maple syrup
- Mash the bananas with a fork and place in a bowl. Add the eggs and coconut and beat to combine. Add the blueberries and stir gently.
- In a frying pan, heat a little coconut oil and add 3 tablespoons of the batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bottoms of pancakes are golden brown. Flip using a spatula and cook other side.
- Stack the pancakes and serve with maple syrup, coconut and fresh blueberries.
- Notes: The thickness of the batter will depend on the size of the bananas. May need to reduce number of eggs if using small bananas. Be sure to thoroughly cook the first side of the pancakes to ensure success in flipping to the other side.