This Banana Peel Cake is rich, decadent, and perfect for any occasion. It takes 70 minutes to prepare this cake that will melt in your mouth. The question you will ask when this dreamy dessert comes out of the oven, is who you will want to share it with. Call up your best friends and get to cooking so you can relax with piece of this delicious cake. Happy baking!
- 4 bananas (sliced)
- 4 banana (medium, peels)
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 extra large eggs (separated)
- 200 grams sugar (yellow)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- 240 grams crusty bread (grated)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 orange zest
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Wash the bananas, and dry them with paper.
- Peel the bananas.
- Cut the tops of the bananas, and throw them out.
- Cut the bananas into slices, sprinkle with lemon juice, and set aside.
- Cut the peel into pieces and grind in food processor at top speed, together with the egg yolks, yellow sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and Porto wine, until you get an homogeneous liquid.
- Add grated bread, and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites, and gently mix in the dough without beating.
- Add baking powder, and mix again, without beating.
- Grease with butter, and flour a round baking pan.
- Pour the batter in the pan, and flatten the surface slightly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove, and let cool slightly.
- For the filling, heat the sugar and port wine in a pan, until the sugar begins to dissolve.
- Add the bananas and orange zest, and simmer until mixture thickens.
- Pour this mixture on the still warm cake, using all the syrup.
|Calories810Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.