Banana Peel CakeO Meu Tempero
This Banana Peel Cake is rich, decadent, and perfect for any occasion. It takes 70 minutes to prepare this cake that will melt in your mouth. The question you will ask when this dreamy dessert comes out of the oven, is who you will want to share it with. Call up your best friends and get to cooking so you can relax with piece of this delicious cake. Happy baking!
- 4 bananas (sliced)
- 4 bananas (medium, peels)
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 extra large eggs (separated)
- 200 grams sugar (yellow)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon port wine
- 240 grams crusty bread (grated)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons port wine
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 orange zest
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Wash the bananas, and dry them with paper.
- 3Peel the bananas.
- 4Cut the tops of the bananas, and throw them out.
- 5Cut the bananas into slices, sprinkle with lemon juice, and set aside.
- 6Cut the peel into pieces and grind in food processor at top speed, together with the egg yolks, yellow sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and Porto wine, until you get an homogeneous liquid.
- 7Add grated bread, and mix well.
- 8Whisk the egg whites, and gently mix in the dough without beating.
- 9Add baking powder, and mix again, without beating.
- 10Grease with butter, and flour a round baking pan.
- 11Pour the batter in the pan, and flatten the surface slightly.
- 12Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 13Remove, and let cool slightly.
- 14For the filling, heat the sugar and port wine in a pan, until the sugar begins to dissolve.
- 15Add the bananas and orange zest, and simmer until mixture thickens.
- 16Pour this mixture on the still warm cake, using all the syrup.
PER SERVING *
|Calories810Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.