Banana Nut Quinoa CakeAnanás e Hortelã
Consider this a "supercake," in the sense that is has an amazing number of superfoods that go into the batter, including plain yogurt, mashed bananas, toasted and ground walnuts, quinoa flour, ground ginger, and ground cinnamon, all of which are off the charts nutritionally speaking. Plus they all add up to one incomparably delicious dessert. The mashed bananas replace much of the usual oil in cake recipes, too, and the ground walnuts and quinoa flour replace much of the usual white flour. More walnuts and brown sugar (a healthier alternative to white) are sprinkled on the top of the cake before baking.
- 100 grams dark brown sugar
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 25 milliliters vegetable oil
- 35 grams plain yogurt
- 2 mashed banana
- 200 grams walnuts
- 100 grams quinoa flour
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- brown sugar (to sprinkle)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- 3Toast walnuts in a dry pan and grind them until they are crushed.
- 4In a bowl, mix sugar with eggs and oil and beat well with an electric mixer for about 3-5 minutes.
- 5Add yogurt and mashed bananas and mix well.
- 6Add ground nuts, flour, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon and fold mixture into batter.
- 7Place batter in prepared pan, smooth the surface and sprinkle with crushed walnut and sugar.
- 8Bake for about 60-70 minutes.
- 9Cake is done when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.