- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon melted butter (plus ½ c. butter for greasing 1 stick of butter, cubed-, use unsalted butter to cont)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 bananas (ripe, works great with freckled ones peeled, sliced lengthwise and quartered.)
- cream (Optional fresh whip, cream)
- Make Batter: In a medium mixing bowl, mix the egg, milk and sugar together, set aside. In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, spices and salt. Pour the flour mixture into the egg and milk mixture and whisk rapidly. Pour in melted butter and stir. Set aside.
- Make Crepes: Place 2 teaspoons of butter into a medium non-stick pan over high heat. When butter begins to melt, use a heat resistant spatula to spread it around the sauté pan. Pick up the sauté pan to guide the melting butter around in a circular motion. When it looks like pan is almost smoking hot, add one ladle of batter, (approximately 4 ounces) and pick up the sauté pan to create a circular motion again to coat the pan with batter. Let batter cook for 25-30 seconds and then use spatula to scrape along the edges and underneath the crepe. Flip crepe and cook for another 25 seconds. Crepe should have a golden color, but not too tan. Place crepe onto a
- brown sugar in a medium saute pan over medium high heat and stir. Add sliced bananas, stir and coat with brown sugar and butter. Taste for seasoning, may need to add salt. Add optional cream and stir. Keep warm.
- Assemble Crepes: Preheat the oven to 300F degrees Add approximately half cup of filling into each crepe, roll and place in a warm place, or onto a baking sheet to heat all the crepes at one time. Once all the crepes are asembled, top with a dollop of whip cream and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
|Calories370Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.