Banana Cake with Blueberries and CoconutReceitas Da Felicidade!
Bananas and shredded coconut lend this outstanding cake tropical flavors and also extra moistness (especially from the bananas, which should be on the riper side). Fresh (or thawed frozen) blueberries and walnuts provide contrasting taste and texture. Save some blueberries for sprinkling on top of the batter before baking. Keep this cake on your kitchen counter for slicing whenever the mood strikes for something special, or serve as a dinner party dessert.
- 250 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 80 milliliters buttermilk
- 4 bananas
- 100 grams grated coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 100 grams blueberries
- 1Preheat oven to 356°C.
- 2In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of fine salt. Mix to combine and set aside.
- 3Whisk the butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy.
- 4Add the eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated.
- 5Slowly add the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk.
- 6Begin and end with the flour mixture.
- 7Mash the banana with a fork and add to the batter along with the coconut, walnuts and blueberries. Stir to combine.
- 8Grease a rectangular cake pan with butter and line with parchment paper.
- 9Pour the batter into the pan and sprinkle a few blueberries on top. Bake for 50 minutes.