Banana CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Rather than being mixed into the batter, as is often the case with bananas (since when mashed they can impart moisture and even replace some of the oil), here they are sliced and arranged on the bottom of the lined pan to become the topping once the cake is baked and unmolded. The cake layer is airy and light thanks to beaten egg whites that are folded into the batter.
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 milliliters milk
- 250 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- caramels (to taste)
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2Beat softened butter and sugar until smooth.
- 3In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks with milk and add to butter mixture, beating constantly.
- 4Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until smooth.
- 5Whisk egg whites and mix carefully.
- 6Coat bottom of a round cake pan with caramel and arrange banana slices on the bottom.
- 7Sprinkle with cinnamon and cover with batter.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.