Banana CakeAs receitas lá de casa
This banana bread is as close to the quintessential loaf as you can find, with mashed ripe bananas (the riper the better) imparting flavor and incredible moistness, and chopped walnuts lending welcome crunch and toasty flavor. What sets this recipe apart is that it calls for a pinch of fennel seeds in addition to ground cinnamon for the spice notes, and a bit of lemon juice to balance out the sweet factor. Bake, slice, and serve.
- 3 bananas (ripe)
- 200 grams sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 grams walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Mash bananas with a fork.
- 3Mix sugar with butter, eggs and lemon juice.
- 4Beat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- 5Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, a pinch of salt and a pinch of fennel.
- 6Stir in walnuts, mashed bananas and lemon juice.
- 7Pour batter into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
- 9Remove from pan while still hot.
- 10Cool on a wire rack.